Gray Hair Rx
Most of the hair problems are caused due to certain deficiencies in our diet. Often, the hair loss or loss of hair color is associated with poor diet, but long-term hair loss and baldness are usually genetic. A diet rich in key nutrients can greatly improve the condition of your hair and in may restore natural hair color.
Active Ingredients found in Gray Hair Rx
- is a common enzyme found in nearly all living organisms which are exposed to oxygen, where it functions to catalyze the decomposition of hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen. Catalase has one of the highest turnover numbers of all enzymes; one molecule of catalase can convert millions of molecules of hydrogen peroxide to water and oxygen per second. The Catalase enzyme is responsible for keeping our hair dark (or keeping it from bleaching out and turning gray). Catalase enzyme production declines with age, preventing hair follicles from producing melanin. In essence, catalase deficiency allows hydrogen peroxide build-up, bleaching our hair to gray then white.
- is a traditional Chinese plant which for centuries has been used in herbal medicine. The Chinese name of the herb is He Shou Wu, translated as “black-haired Mr. He”. It comes from the legend about an old villager who took he shou wu to restore his dark hair, youth and vitality. Fo-ti is used in Chinese medicine to restore the color of graying hair, weakness, premature aging, erectile dysfunction and vaginal discharge.
- Severe zinc deficiency in humans has been shown to produce baldness and scalp problems that were reversed when zinc was returned to the diet. It was discovered that there was a change in the hair protein structure when zinc was deficient in the diet. Zinc has also been shown to stop hair turning grey. One doctor taking zinc for a year reversed the grey hairs which returned to their original color.
Para-aminobenzoic acid (PABA)
- as this vitamin is commonly known is one of the lesser known members of the B complex family, has been shown to be an anti-grey hair vitamin. In tests in black animals that were feed with a diet deficient of PABA, they developed grey hair, when the animals were reintroduced to the vitamin, normal hair color was restored. Research on humans with grey hair being given 200mg of PABA after each meal produced results that showed that a study of the hair afterwards resulted in a seventy per cent result of the hair returning to its original color. Other research claims that PABA combined with folic acid also helps restore hair to its original color. Deficiency of PABA, Biotin, Folic Acid and Pantothenic Acid appears to affect hair color. Hair color can normally be restored with a diet rich in the B vitamins and in the few cases where color is not restored the hair will improve in quality and strength of growth.
- is thought to help produce keratin, the building block of hair and nails. It is also thought that is vitamin may prevent graying of hair. However the major benefit of biotin lies in its ability to strengthen hair and nails. This B vitamin is finding its way into a number of natural hair loss products and may be particularly useful in cases of alopecia (partial to complete hair loss) in both men, women and children.
- also known as Calcium Pantothenate is considered to be important to the health of the skin and scalp. Pantothenic acid is necessary for the well being of every body cell and neither carbohydrate nor fat can be changed into energy without it. This nutrient is also important for the functioning of the adrenal glands that produce much of the male sex hormones.Volunteers who were feed on a diet deficient of pantothenic acid showed increased vulnerability to infection and adrenal levels dropped, blood pressure also dropped and constipation developed. Animals lacking this nutrient in their diet became grey haired and the follicles started to waste away.
- Possibly the most important of all the vitamins for thinning hair, hair loss and preventing loss of hair color. It's also very important for women (especially if pregnant). Folic acid is essential for the synthesis of DNA and RNA, the genetic material of cells. It plays a vital role in the growth and reproduction of all body cells. Folic acid is essential for protein metabolism and is required for the formation of healthy red and white blood cells. Folic acid deficiency affects the growth and repair of all the cells and tissues of the body.
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine)
- One of the most important micronutrients and vitamin B complexes, it functions in our body's metabolism, breaking down of protein into amino acids, metabolize fats adn carbohydrate. Pyridoxine aids in the creation of melanin, which gives our hair its color. It also helps prevent hair loss.
- The herb has been found to work in fighting benign prostatic disease by lowering levels of DHT, which is a known cause of androgenic alopecia, the medical term for male or female pattern hair loss.
Nettle Root Extract
- which has been shown to be effective in preventing and treating hair loss. Nettles are rich in vitamins A and C that are beneficial in inhibiting DHT production and promoting hair growth as a natural hair loss treatment.
Barley Grass Extract
- is an excellent hair-care all rounder from feeding the scalp to deep stimulation/strengthening of the hair follicles etc. It is rich in chlorophyll, the pigment which enables plants to manufacture all the food they need from carbon dioxide and energy received from the sun. Interestingly enough, chlorophyll is almost identical in structure to human blood! It also helps prevent the conversion of testosterone to DHT (Dihydrotestosterone).
- is high silica, cystine (amino acid) and sulfur content, and other mineral that have been shown to promote hair restoration in both men and women. Horsetail encourages hair growth by promoting blood circulation to the scalp and unclogging the pores.
- is a plant compound similar to cholesterol, however it works within the digestive system to reduce the amount of cholesterol absorbed into the blood stream...therefore reducing the risk of heart disease. It also has demonstrated an ability to inhibit the enzyme 5 alpha reductace. This is the enzyme that turns testosterone into DHT. It's the DHT molecule that is the primary contributor to male pattern baldness. But...does that mean Beta Sitosterol can actually reduce the symptoms of male pattern baldness? According to a study published in the "Journal of Alternative and Complimentary Medicine" in the April 2002 issue, it just may be able to help some men in treating their baldness.
- is also recommended for helping hair regain its natural color. Tyrosine is a precursor of the neurotransmitters dopamine, norepinephrine and epinephrine, as well as thyroid and growth hormones and melanin (the pigment responsible for skin and hair color). It elevates mood.
*The products and the claims made about specific products on or through this website have not been evaluated by this website or the United States Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.